Vintage Makeup is the Makeup Look for 2012
Whilst timeless natural makeup tones are always in trend this year the vintage makeup and hair is going to be prevalent on the catwalks. Ladies makeup like fashion goes full circle... Old is new again.
If you are thinking of changing your makeup look for 2012, a vintage makeup blended with a modern look gives every woman the flexibility and creativity to create their own unique makeup style. Time to experiment with rouge red, orange lips, vibrant plums, glittery eyes and the indelible smoky eyes.
Movie stars Gwen Stephani and Dita Von Teesa are well known for their retro-glam makeup looks so this month I’ve a few tips for you to create your own vintage style.
• Begin with a clean and well-moisturized face and a dab of primer for even skin.
• Using a concealer brush, apply a little bit of creamy concealer to any shadows or blemishes on your face. Apply your foundation using a sponge and blend it all the way down to your neck so that you don't have any jaw-line marks. Lastly, set your foundation with a translucent powder.
• Contour your cheeks with a matte bronzer and a neutral blush. Highlight the tops of your cheekbones and blend outward for a dewy effect.
• Beauty spots are always fun and during the 40’s very in vogue. Take a black waterproof eyeliner and touch the tip of a pointed makeup brush onto the mascara brush, carefully create a false beauty mark near your lip or cheek.
• For your eyes use a vanilla shadow as a base all over your eyelid. Below your brow-bone and inside the inner corners of your eyes apply a little champagne or silver shimmer shadow.
Apply a light layer of a deep brown shadow over the remaining eye-lid, then finish your eye-colour by highlighting the center of your eyelid with a touch of champagne or silver shimmer.
• Apply a pair of 40’s (big, long and bold lashes) Elizabeth Taylor and Marilyn Monroe style. Using a black eyeliner follow the natural eyelash line both the upper and lower lashes.
• Shape and define well-groomed brows with a brow pencil. Eyebrows should appear perfect, with pronounced arches, regardless of thickness
• To create full, voluptuous lips use a sharpened red lip liner, if you are not confident outline your lips with a pale lip liner. To stop red lipstick bleeding across the skin, ensure your foundation is well applied around the lip line before you apply your red lipstick with a lip brush. Add a fine coat red of lip-gloss to complete your look.
The Makeup Box Studio
Horsham W. Sussex
Winner Southern Business Award Sept 2011
Tel 0845 242 5252
Competition. New Look New You New Year Competition… exclusively for the readers of the Challenger Magazine. The winners will be invited to the Makeup Box Studio in Horsham to enjoy a glass of champagne and your hair and makeup styled and invited to have your portrait taken by our photographer as a keepsake before you go home.